Reducing youth unemployment is one of the major challenges facing most governments in Europe and neighboring partner countries. Europe 2020 Strategy emphasizes a direct link between employment and sustainable development. The problem is even more acute among youth with fewer opportunities in rural and urban areas where opportunity is a scarce resource and access to education is limited. The frustration and dis-empowerment of the disadvantaged youth continually breeds low self-esteem, low motivation and cynicism.
This issue is targeted mostly from macro level through the notion of wise policy and effective management of the economy. We believe this is not enough. We are convinced that a true and sustainable solution can only come inside-out; when a shift in thinking and change in perceptions takes place in the minds of young people who come to understand that they have more control over their lives than they think and they are empowered to be proactive and strategic, to seize opportunities, to see the potential and take risks. We believe in the potential of synergistic actions in international interdependent realities and their power to promote entrepreneurial spirit among young people.
“The Builders of the future” involved 45 youth workers from organizations active in the field of youth entrepreneurship in a contact making seminar in the period 10-14 October 2017 in Budapest (Hungary).
The specific objectives of the project:
– To provide a meeting point for organizations active in the field of youth entrepreneurship;
– To support organizations in developing a sustainable network and partnerships for future projects and initiatives in the field of youth entrepreneurship;
– To exchange good practices in the field of developing youth entrepreneurship through different methodologies and tools;
– To promote development and implementation of ERASMUS+ youth mobility projects;
– Study the status-quo of young unemployed people in deprived rural and urban areas. Map reasons and consequences of long term joblessness;
– Developing quality youth mobility project ideas to be applied under Erasmus+ Programme.
What did we learn on the seminars?
From Idea to Business
- Own idea or copycat idea? – what are the differences, pro-contras to make our own idea sor to be a copycat
- What can we do without a good own or copycat idea? Other opportunities from we can choose
Implementation of the project
- „ The longest journey in the world is that the consumer enters his pocket and gives you money” – Never forget to check if your idea has it’s own market!
- How do i set up my team?
- How many people do you need for founding a startup?
- Business Plan
- Contents of a Business Plan:
- Executive summary
- Current status of the company
- The Product or Service development
- Market analysis
- SWOT analysis
- Marketing strategy
- Organization structure and Management
- Financial Plan
- MVP – Minimum Viable Product
- Money raising
- From your own money to venture capitals – what the investors want and what they doesn’t want
Iterview bout the project with Aleksandra Goteva, participant from Champions Factory:
Moderators of the project “The Builders of the Future”:
– Mr. Dezso Farkas, president of Future Talents Generation and entrepreneur;
– Mr. Laszlo Somlyai, vice-president of Future Talents Generators, entrepreneur and project leader;
– Mrs. Shirin Amin, president of Champions Factory International and European Project Manager.
Official e-mail for communication: firstname.lastname@example.org